Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My hair's in microbraids & one fell out from the root at the front of my hairline. Now ther

This has happened a couple times over the years. Does it mean I'll eventually go bald if I keep wearing braids? What can I do about it? I wash my hair a few times per week and spray twice daily with a leave in conditioner/Wave Nouveau.



My hair's in microbraids %26amp; one fell out from the root at the front of my hairline. Now there's a bald spot.

i have had braids since i was 5. and its common for braids to slip tracks, however, if it is taking your hair out also, you may want to try bigger braids. microbraids, use very little hair so if your hair is brittle or fragile and can break easy, the microbraids will tear your hair out with them also.



another thing is try not washing the braids so often. once a week should be more then enough. people often get braids to let their hair grow and to not wash them.



also what kind of spray are you using. if you are using a hair spray thats antoher reason your hair is breaking. make sure you use a braid sheen spray. it works better and i will help your hair from breaking. hair spray however will make you hair stiff and easier to tear with the braids.



there can be alot of reasons why, i wouldn't flip out to much. but if you like wearing bradis try getting braids that are about marker size next time to see if you have the same problem.



My hair's in microbraids %26amp; one fell out from the root at the front of my hairline. Now there's a bald spot.

Umm..Try to stop braiding and see if it continues.If it continues contact someone taht knows about hair



My hair's in microbraids %26amp; one fell out from the root at the front of my hairline. Now there's a bald spot.

It's possible that they were too tight. You might what to watch how tight they go in in certain areas, as the hair tends to grow thinner toward the hairline.



My hair's in microbraids %26amp; one fell out from the root at the front of my hairline. Now there's a bald spot.

That sucks I bet now your picture dosen't look like you



My hair's in microbraids %26amp; one fell out from the root at the front of my hairline. Now there's a bald spot.

yuk



My hair's in microbraids %26amp; one fell out from the root at the front of my hairline. Now there's a bald spot.

I would stop the use of wearing braids. Also, I would talk to your Buety Salon Specilist. She could give you some hair strengthening shampoo, specificaly designed to prevent hairloss, and to strengthen hair. Also, it is important to get the right amount of vitamines and minerals and nutrition in your diet to help keep your hair radiant and strong and healthy. Good luck!



My hair's in microbraids %26amp; one fell out from the root at the front of my hairline. Now there's a bald spot.

with micro braids you have to be careful not to pull them too tightly especially if they are reallly tiny. the hair line is so fragile!. the same thing happened to me when i had micros. no you won't be bald you just have to know how to take care of them! if you have just gotten them done then wait before putting them up in a ponytail or put them in a really loose ponytail. also it can be the person who braids you hair. did you get them professionally done? i got mine professioally done in a african braid shop and you just have to be really care when handling them



My hair's in microbraids %26amp; one fell out from the root at the front of my hairline. Now there's a bald spot.

LOL



My hair's in microbraids %26amp; one fell out from the root at the front of my hairline. Now there's a bald spot.

Whoever is braiding your hair is pulling WAY too tight. Not right now...but you will eventually lose your edges if you keep getting these extremely tight braids. Maybe you should try someone else, with a lighter hand.



Also, you can help the ease pain and pulling with tea tree oil. Tea tree oil is a wonderful oil that is not too greasy and it is known to make your hair grow. Another product to try is Dr.Miracle's Temple and Nape Balm. It was designed specifically for the edges of our hair and over time, you will see that it does work (not as good as tea tree oil, though).



My hair's in microbraids %26amp; one fell out from the root at the front of my hairline. Now there's a bald spot.

Micro-Braid Hair Care Tips



Micro braids hair style is all about weaving very think braids made by few strands all over the scalp. This black hair style braids is followed by many women who are looking for easier maintenance and faster hair growth. Do not go in for too tiny or very tight braids as it can lead to severe breakage. If you have very long hair or hair that is dry and brittle, then micro braids are not for you. Treat your hair with a hot oil massage and conditioning and moisturizing prior to getting a micro braids hairstyle done.



Regular maintenance of micro braid hairstyle includes routine conditioning and shampooing. Usually this black braid hair style is worn for about 3 months. Ensure that you follow a healthy diet and keep the scalp clean and well conditioned.



My hair's in microbraids %26amp; one fell out from the root at the front of my hairline. Now there's a bald spot.

It sounds like who ever is braiding your hair may be braiding it too tight around your hair line. This is the most fragile hair so you can request that the braider leave it as "baby hair" or put it in with hair behind it that is stronger. Your hair will grow back but you might want to give yourself a break from braids for a while until it grows back. Braids are a very good way of growing your hair but, you really should only leave them in for no more than 2 to 3 months to avoid breakage/damage.



I know you said that you wash your hair a few times a week but, this may be a bit much. Try washining it once a week or once every two weeks. You are probably drying out your hair. Do you use an oil sheen on your scalp/hair? You definately want to continue oiling your scalp with a pomade or spray oil sheen so that it doesn't dry out. You might also try applying conditioner/cholesterol to your scalp after you wash to strengthen your roots. Leave it in for about 10 to 15 minutes and gently rinse with warm water. If you do this your hair should be pretty protected while braided. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment