Saturday, August 1, 2009

African American hair..and the gym. Help please?

Alright, so I'm going to get my hair done tommorrow. My hair is usually curly and I keep it in a ponytail or braid. I honestly don't care becasue since it's curly I can go straight ahead and wash it and be done with it. Problem is that I'm getting my hair done, meaning it will be straight. I sweat when I work out (who doesn't?) and if I sweat my hair will be ruined. How should I keep it to lessen how crazy it will turn out?



Also, if your African American and have straight hair..how do you normally deal with it in the gym? How long does the straight last before you have to wash it out and redo it?



African American hair..and the gym. Help please?

Well in regards to the last question i'm african-american wiff a perm. so from the sound of it you're natural (a brave choice.) When i'm in the gym i just wrap it %26amp; put a head scarf on it %26amp; it stays generally straight when i comb it down.



In regards to the first question, wrap it while you're workin' out %26amp; put a scarf on it. It should stay really straitt while you're workin' out. If it doesn't wrap, pull it up into a ponytail or something %26amp; then if it doesn't stay straiit (your edges %26amp; roots i mean) you can flat iron them at home.



Good Luck! Be Blessed.



African American hair..and the gym. Help please?

I know there are wonderful oils that you can use! Having it straight should last a while! Start going too a professional! Also after gym use some more oil! too keep the frizz down! good luck! have fun! :)



African American hair..and the gym. Help please?

when i wore my hair straight i would put it in a bun then tie it down with a scarf and it kept my hair pretty straight after the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment