Saturday, August 1, 2009

Can any black women offer tips on keeping my hair healthy and still pretty (as always) while im preg

I hear alot of rumors like, no more relaxers...don't wash it often...get braids....and im just such a prick about my hair. It's sooo pretty every since i got pregnant but I do notice I need a touch up more often. some say because it grows while pregnant. I just need some advice, HELP!



Can any black women offer tips on keeping my hair healthy and still pretty (as always) while im pregnant?

I think hair is at it's best while you're pregnant due to the heightened hormones. Your hair grows faster, it's thicker, it's shinier and it's so much you can do to it when it's in that stage. The only problem is after you have the baby, it will shed and return back to it's normal state as your hormone level lowers. I heard alot of the rumors too when I was pregnant but then I asked my doctor and was told that there was nothing wrong with getting a relaxer. And once I heard that, I kept up my normal beauty regimen and my hair stayed healthy and grew longer. So if you decide to continue getting a relaxer, the best option would be to go to your beautician and have HER do your perms. The box perms are nice, but the beauticians have perms that are more professional, don't have to be left on the hair for a longer period of time, and they give longer lasting results. Doctors do advice that women do not dye their hair, but if you feel like you want to add some color to your crown of glory, there are semi-permanent rinses that you can ask your beautician to put on your hair. They are ammonia-free, are totally safe, and last for like seven shampoos. They range in colors from Jet-Black to Honey Blond to Reddish-Red. And if you want everyone to see your hair (and not hide it behind braids) you can always try Twistie's, a Doobie Roller Wrap, Roller Rod Wet-Sets, or a cute Ponytail. Just treat your hair like you normally did before you got pregnant. Wash your hair twice a week, use a moisturizing shampoo, deep condition, and use leave-in conditioner. Just because you're pregnant doesn't mean you have to stop being the hair queen that you are. Girl, rock that hair, sport them cute pregnancy clothes, and enjoy carrying God's gift. Check your shoulders from time to time to make sure there not getting raw from brushing them hata's off too much,okay. :-) Good luck and congrats.

No comments:

Post a Comment