Saturday, August 1, 2009

French braiding for show and staying braided?

I have a Gypsy mare (draft) with long thick silky mane. I love it, but it is impossible to french braid and keep it that way. I usually have to rebraid it the minute before I go in the ring, and lose half of it by the end of the test.



Within minutes, she pulls half of it out, just by stretching. If I braid it with her head/neck down, it bunches up when her head is normal. If I braid it when her head is normal, our first stretch makes it loose. I have tried several gels and hairspray to no avail- her hair just gets slippier, I think.



Any tips on getting a good mane for show time?



French braiding for show and staying braided?

hairspray, lots and lots of hairspray.



French braiding for show and staying braided?

Do not keep his mane braided because his mane will crack!

No comments:

Post a Comment